• Premium high impact modified acrylic – 5 Year Warranty, the longest warranty in the industry
• Very durable – The same material is used around hockey rinks, sky lights, optical lenses, etc.
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – windshield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
Looking Over the Windshield
The ideal height is where the top edge of the windshield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the windshield when you are looking straight ahead. With this height, the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride. The taller you go the better it feels, especially for the passenger, as long as the top edge doesn’t creep up into your line of sight.
Looking Through the Windshield
The ideal height is where the top edge of the windshield is about 2″ above your line of sight. This gives the most comfort and protection for both the rider and the passenger, but when it rains and the windshield gets wet and dirty it gets harder to see through the windshield.
– If you have a tall windshield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your windshield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position.
– If you have a short windshield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your windshield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into your normal riding position.
Test Ride our Windshield
Your windshield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the windshield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the windshield, mount the windshield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility.
If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the windshield, you may return the windshield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the windshield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
If you want a quality product and amazing customer care, look no further, Freedom Shields is the place.
I can see!!! I badly needed to change the shield on my ’08 Softail Deluxe. The shield on my bike was like a giant flyswatter and actually blocked some vision via bug guts and reflection. It was a 20 inch which forced you to look through it. Not good. I ordered a new shield from John which turned out to be the wrong one. (My carelessness) John turned around the right shield, a nostalgic, in half the time. Wow!!! If you want a quality product and amazing customer care, look no further, Freedom Shields is the place.
Review By: John – Ontario, Canada
2009 Fatboy with Nostalgic frame
Freedom Shields windshield on my 2009 Fatboy with Nostalgic frame. Took a spin for about 20 minutes (it is only 37 degrees here in Wilmington, OH or I would have rode more). Got her up to well above freeway speed…the shield worked great. Thank you.
Review By: Mark – Wilmington, OH