• Premium high impact modified acrylic – Very durable – 5 Year Warranty
(same material used around hockey rinks)
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – shield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
• To look over the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the shield when looking straight ahead and with this height the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride.
• To look through the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is about 2-3″ above your line of sight. This gives you the most comfort and protection, but when it rains and the shield gets dirty it gets harder to see through the shield.
• The shield is measured from the top of the fairing to the top of the shield, basically the exposed shield when it is mounted on the bike.
• To help determine which size shield you need, here are a couple ways to test:
– If you have a taller stock shield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your shield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position to make sure you can see over the tape by about 2″ looking straight ahead down the road.
– If you have a shorter stock shield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your shield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into our normal riding position to check the size.
Test Ride our Shield
• Your shield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the shield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the shield, mount the shield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility over the shield.
• If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the shield, you may return the shield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the shield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
• Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
I learned of recurve windshields from my cousin and after some online research I settled on Freedom Shields. I choose the stock height for a 2015 Switchback (16″) with Light Grey tint. Installation was quick and easy, the hole pattern was an exact match for the Harley hardware. The windshield is more substantial and a great improvement with less wind noise and turbulence than the stock unit. I recommend this, you won’t be sorry.”
Review By: David – Windsor, CA
John, I spent a lot of time searching for a custom recurve windshield for my wife’s Switchback. The 13” recurved shield you made for her is perfect. It looks great going down the road, cuts the wind, and reduced her helmet buffering. The quality is outstanding, the tint is perfect,and most important…my wife loves it. Thanks again for your excellent customer service, and the superior product.
Review By: Steve – North Chesterfield, VA
Can’t tell you how cool this shield looks! I’ve actually been asked by a couple cagers at traffic lights about it. The recurve is just enough to send the wind over my helmet yet at 16 inches I see perfectly over the top. I believe the extra width at the top seems to help with that issue. Plus that’s what seems to draw the attention. It’s not like the stock shield that is rounded at the top. It’s different, it’s cool!
Review By: Marge – Belleview, NE
I absolutely love my Freedom Shields! While riding on the west coast of Florida on New Year’s day it was very windy with my stock windshield. The wind was “beating” me up and made for a not so fun ride! So when we returned home my husband said he would order me a Freedom Shields and what a difference it has made! Now on those windy days you don’t even notice! Freedom Shields rocks!!
Review By: Kesha – Surfside Beach, SC