• Premium high impact modified acrylic – 5 Year Warranty, the longest warranty in the industry
• Very durable – The same material is used around hockey rinks, sky lights, optical lenses, etc.
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – windshield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
Looking Over the Windshield
The ideal height is where the top edge of the windshield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the windshield when you are looking straight ahead. With this height, the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride. The taller you go the better it feels, especially for the passenger, as long as the top edge doesn’t creep up into your line of sight.
Looking Through the Windshield
The ideal height is where the top edge of the windshield is about 2″ above your line of sight. This gives the most comfort and protection for both the rider and the passenger, but when it rains and the windshield gets wet and dirty it gets harder to see through the windshield.
– If you have a tall windshield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your windshield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position.
– If you have a short windshield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your windshield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into your normal riding position.
Test Ride our Windshield
Your windshield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the windshield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the windshield, mount the windshield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility.
If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the windshield, you may return the windshield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the windshield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
Hi John. Screen arrived today all good and took a few minutes to fit. Very pleased! Thanks mate, both with the product and the service. Stay safe.
Review By: Brian – Australia
I can now ride with an open face helmet with sunglasses without my face being blown off.
So my 2019 Sport Glide has one major complaint….damn windscreen….I do a load of highway riding including to California several times a year from my residence in near Banff, Alberta. HD dealers, consumers alike have expressed their concerns to HD about the lack of proper wind protection. The two-three inch pence of plastic from the factory just doesn’t cut it (no pun). HD then decided to offer a 5.5-inch aftermarket shield…equally as useless….enter Klock Werks an expensive 7-inch screen, very pricey and only moderately better. Got tired of owning 3 windshields, none of them effective so I decided to purchase a 4th (a man can never have too many windscreens mate) FREEDOM SHIELDS out of Colorado USA 12 inch, easy install. Works amazing….I can now ride with an open face helmet with sunglasses without my face being blown off. Does not negate the lines of the bike…extremely functional and of course easy to remove for cleaning etc. Just thought I would pass this on 2 u so u may be able to recommend to others what a great fix this is for the confounding lack of wind protection on the FLSB. PS- There is a reason you will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist’s office. Ride safe Alf!
Review By: Rick – Alberta, Canada (12″ Clear)