• Premium high impact modified acrylic – Very durable – 5 Year Warranty
(same material used around hockey rinks)
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – shield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
• To look over the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the shield when looking straight ahead and with this height the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride.
• To look through the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is about 2-3″ above your line of sight. This gives you the most comfort and protection, but when it rains and the shield gets dirty it gets harder to see through the shield.
• The shield is measured in the center from the top of the headlight cutout on the windshield up to the top edge
• To help determine which size shield you need, here are a couple ways to test:
– If you have a taller stock shield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your shield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position to make sure you can see over the tape by about 2″ looking straight ahead down the road.
– If you have a shorter stock shield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your shield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into our normal riding position to check the size.
Test Ride our Shield
• Your shield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the shield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the shield, mount the shield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility over the shield.
• If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the shield, you may return the shield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the shield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
• Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
Dear John, (couldn’t resist), here are some pictures of the Springfield with the 16″ shield installed. I am one fussy, nit picky, son of a gun. I drive my self crazy. With that said I was absolutely blown away by the quality of your shield John. I can’t find one single detail that could be improved on. I do hate Styrofoam packing peanuts, they blow all over and are a mess to get rid off, but do to the quality of your product I’m going to forgive you this time. Do to my critical nature I seldom endorse anything, but I have been plugging your product on Indianmotorcycles.net. Good luck in business John, and good health and peace to you and your’s. David
Review By: David – Alburnett, IA
So far so good!! The installation was a breeze and now that I have it on the bike I can honestly say I would have bought the shield based on the look of the flare alone haha. That curve looks so nice with the flared front fender on these bikes. I did take it for a short ride and only got up to like 60 mph but I’m pretty sure it does work better than the old shield as well.
Review By: Tate – Mishawaka, IN
The shield is AWESOME….less wind buffeting on my helmet then the stock shield. Drove about 450 miles yesterday so a bit dragging today..LOL. Only Springfield at this ride, not sure where they are hiding, had a lot of lookers and one other guy with a Scout who had one of your shields already, so word of mouth was passed on. Working on getting the energy up to go clean the bike…killed a crap load of bugs yesterday…LOL. Long day.–
Review By: Daniel – Tucson, AZ
Been riding my Springfield with the 16″ Freedom windshield and really enjoying it. I have the light grey tint, and it looks terrific. At 6″ tall, the stock windshield just wasn’t doing it and I was getting heavy winds at highway speed. I was able to use my stock windshield hardware, and only took 20-30 minutes to swap the windshield onto the hardware. The fit and finish is superb; better than the stock windshield. As a plus, there is no distortion caused by the flare windshield. John at Freedom Shields was very pleasant to work with for ordering. I recommend this windshield if you’re looking for something different other than stock on the Springfield. I certainly was, and glad I chose this one.
Review By: Jeff – Santa Ana, CA