• Premium high impact modified acrylic – Very durable – 5 Year Warranty
(same material used around hockey rinks)
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – shield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
• To look over the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the shield when looking straight ahead and with this height the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride.
• To look through the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is about 2-3″ above your line of sight. This gives you the most comfort and protection, but when it rains and the shield gets dirty it gets harder to see through the shield.
• The shield is measured in the center from the top of the headlight cutout on the windshield up to the top edge
• To help determine which size shield you need, here are a couple ways to test:
– If you have a taller stock shield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your shield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position to make sure you can see over the tape by about 2″ looking straight ahead down the road.
– If you have a shorter stock shield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your shield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into our normal riding position to check the size.
Test Ride our Shield
• Your shield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the shield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the shield, mount the shield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility over the shield.
• If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the shield, you may return the shield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the shield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
• Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
John, at Freedom Shields made me a windshield for my 1994 Ultra Classic and my experience with that one was excellent. So I wanted a windshield for my 2008 Nightster and once again the Freedom Shields product met my expectations. I am 5′ 10″ tall and selected a 16″ medium gray and it turned out to be excellent for wind protection and visibility. For me, it’s one stop shopping for custom bike windshields. Freedom Shields makes a first class product and their service is five out of five stars.
Review By: Stan – Centennial, CO