• Premium high impact modified acrylic – Very durable – 5 Year Warranty
(same material used around hockey rinks)
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – shield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
• To look over the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the shield when looking straight ahead and with this height the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride.
• To look through the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is about 2-3″ above your line of sight. This gives you the most comfort and protection, but when it rains and the shield gets dirty it gets harder to see through the shield.
• The shield is measured from the top of the fairing to the top of the shield, basically the exposed shield when it is mounted on the bike.
• To help determine which size shield you need, here are a couple ways to test:
– If you have a taller stock shield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your shield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position to make sure you can see over the tape by about 2″ looking straight ahead down the road.
– If you have a shorter stock shield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your shield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into our normal riding position to check the size.
Test Ride our Shield
• Your shield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the shield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the shield, mount the shield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility over the shield.
• If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the shield, you may return the shield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the shield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
• Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
After much research I was impressed with the reviews on Freedom Shields so I decided to order a shield for my wife’s HD Switchback. I really wanted a new lower shield for my Victory Cross Roads also but no luck. I wrote John an email hoping he had an HD shield that could be adapted to my XR. He responded with “send me your Victory shield and I’ll design a new shield”. Since I live an hour away I offered to bring the whole bike so he could see the set up and take measurements…. He agreed to meet on a weekend. The result of this experience is first a happy wife with an amazing quality shield on her Switchback that she can see over and keeps the wind off her head. And I have the first Freedom Shield for Victory. The quality is top shelf, I can easily see over it and wind management is great. And John was very fair on price and knows how to communicate with his customers. A Great product and awesome customer service. John and his team at Freedom Shields are the BEST.
Review By: Steve – Castle Rock, CO