• Premium high impact modified acrylic – Very durable – 5 Year Warranty
(same material used around hockey rinks)
• D.O.T. Approved – Exceeds industry and D.O.T. standards
• UV protection – shield will not discolor or haze from the sun or weather
• Rain-X safe
Choosing a Size
• To look over the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the shield when looking straight ahead and with this height the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride.
• To look through the shield, the ideal height is where the top edge of the shield is about 2-3″ above your line of sight. This gives you the most comfort and protection, but when it rains and the shield gets dirty it gets harder to see through the shield.
• The shield is measured in the center from the top of the headlight cutout on the windshield up to the top edge
• To help determine which size shield you need, here are a couple ways to test:
– If you have a taller stock shield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your shield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position to make sure you can see over the tape by about 2″ looking straight ahead down the road.
– If you have a shorter stock shield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your shield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into our normal riding position to check the size.
Test Ride our Shield
• Your shield will come with a protective plastic film applied to both sides of the shield. Make sure to leave the plastic on the shield, mount the shield and take a short test ride, as long as you have good visibility over the shield.
• If you are not completely satisfied with the height or performance of the shield, you may return the shield for a different size or for full credit (less any shipping charges) as long as the shield is like new and the protective plastic film has not been removed.
• Take your time . . . make sure it is right. No worries if you order in the winter months and it takes until Spring to try it out.
Finally some clear weather down here. I love the way the deflector looks and performs on my 2002 Road King. Wether I am riding on back roads or highways it’s a much more comfortable ride than the stock deflector. It was a perfect fit on my existing Harley frame. I have received many compliments on the dark grey. Thank you for providing solid input to choose the correct height. Cheers!
Review By: Curtis – Tomball, TX
John, you recommended a 20” light gray tint shield for my new 2016 Road King. I am 6.1 with a 35 inseam. After a couple of days, you sent me an email that the shield was on its way to me in Norway. Received the shield, removed the plastic and installed it on my Road King. I have purchased shields from you earlier and I trusted you to have nailed it once again. And yes, so much better than the OEM 18” that came with the bike and the 21.5” shield I tested. Almost no buffeting (still remember we are riding bikes) and the wind noise is greatly reduced as well, awesome. The shield is thicker than stock and does not vibrate as much due to the thickness and the way it is curved and it looks cool on my bike. I can see over the shield and the wider top and air curve does the trick to make it a comfortable ride. The craftsmanship and service you provide is excellent. I recommend Freedom Shields to all my riding buddies and will continue to use your products as long as I have a bike you provide shields for. Thanks again John, it is certainly a pleasure to do business with you!
Review By: Pal – Fetsurd, Norway
I was hesitant to commit to a Freedom Shields purchase until I contacted John by phone. He took the time to answer my questions. I particularly like the fact I could install the windshield, test ride, and be guaranteed a return for any reason long as the original protective film was in place. One of my main concerns was the ability to better hear music at highway speeds on my 2013 FLHRSE5. The Freedom Shield answered the call. At 6’ 3” I was pleasantly surprised with the improvement in audio clarity. I feel a little more air coming in low with the new 20” Freedom Shield than with a 23” windshield but its a far superior trade-off. The style, form, fit, & function are perfect with my new windshield… like it was made personally for me. Unreal that I get less air turbulence at head height with a 20” than a 23”. The slightly wider upper design of the Freedom Shield with the recurve was just what I needed. Thanks John. I couldn’t be more pleased with this purchase.
Review By: Kevin – Roby, MO
My first bike was an Indian 50 and I was 6 years old, if there would have been Freedom Shields back then, my Indian would have had one on it! I’ll never have any shield on any of my bikes again, if it doesn’t come from Freedom Shields; they’re that good. They’re thicker, stronger and have the perfect “Air Curve”! The windshield edge is just above my chin and with the Air Curve I didn’t get any of those HUGE Texas bugs on my face when I took it out for, what is probably, the most comfortable ride I’ve ever had on this bike! The communication from Freedom Shields was better that I ever could have hoped for and frankly, UNHEARD of in this day and age! John, I can’t thank you enough for the product, personal touch and professionalism I’ve experienced! Thanks again, Graham Bike: 2005 Harley FLHRSI Road King Custom
Review By: Graham – Paris, TX
Tested the shield with a 100 mile ride this afternoon. Results as follows: Number one the loss of 2 inches from the top of the shield was great. I can now see and there is no line across my vision. Wind noise and effect are greatly reduced as well. Most noted was the side wind that comes around and gets in behind my glasses….that was gone. I think the wider windshield you sent did that. Mounting was not problem and all my existing frame work fit like it should. The thicker ‘glass’ seems to help too as there were not the distortions and reflections I used to experience with the old one. Thanks for keeping me in the loop and I am most happy with the new shield. Mike
Review By: Mike – Hillman, Michigan